Friday 2 December 2016

Long Way Home - Chapter 4



As seen commonly in essays written by primary school students, there would be that one helpful ace student who would willing shoulder the responsibility of taking care of the wounded student before and after lessons, carrying the wounded on his back no matter rain or shine.

That one helpful student of course had to be Lu Feng.

At the start, when he wanted to carry me on his back, I refused. Spraining your ankle while ice-skating wasn't a glorious thing, so I didn't dare lie proudly on his back for all to see. Lu Feng was far too tall; I would stand out no matter where he carried me.

But it was near the end of the term, and notes were of the utmost importance, so even if I had to crawl to class, I would do it. Immediately, Lu Feng took up the job and started transporting me around like a batch of cargo.

The distance between the dorm and the classroom block wasn't long, but there were plenty of stairs. Lu Feng, being used to his role as a young master, was rather rough with the way in which he carried me, usually throwing me harshly on the bed and making me cry out in pain or hitting the walls every time we turn at the stairways.

"Damn it, do you take me as a sandbag?"

I held in my tears as I counted the numerous bruises that had mysteriously appeared.

Lu Feng, who was in charge of applying the medicated oil for me, had just about touched every single spot on my body.

"My back was reserved for a ravishing beauty, you should count yourself lucky to be the first to have earned this honour."

"Hey, can you not judge others by their looks? Even though I'm no beauty, I am at least a man with intellectual beauty."

"Here, open your mouth." Lu Feng had opened the lunchbox. My three meals were now bought by him.

"......" I avoided the spoon uncomfortably. "I didn't get a stroke, just sprained my ankle. Do you really need to feed me?"

"Stop being so long-winded. Open up."

"No!"

However, due to his quick and firm actions, my jaw was still helplessly pinched open as he sent the spoonful of rice into my mouth.

I know I don't eat delicately, but you don't have to keep staring at my mouth.

I miserably finished my meal with his continuous feeding, even receiving the service of having my mouth wiped clean for me.

"...are you done cleaning?" My lips were burning, my skin feeling as if it was about to tear off.

"There's still a little dirt here."

Just wipe it away, you're not short-sighted, there's no need for you to come so close.


When it was nearing the holidays, Lu Feng's desk had accumulated a pile of love letters.

"I really don't know what they see in you. With an honest man like me here, they still choose to fall for you." I was green with envy.

"You're jealous?"

For the umpteenth time, I casted a resentful look at him.

"Have you never been confessed to by a girl?"

"That's expected," I huffed angrily, "I'm with you all day long. Your tall figure has stolen the spotlight away from me, so how would they see me? No, in the future, I'll have to keep my distance from you and stay far far away."

I wasn't one who stood out in the first place, but standing next to Lu Feng's glorious self had basically turned me invisible in the eyes of others.

"Don't you dare!" His voice was suddenly harsh. My usual timid self quickly shook my head, "Nope, of course not."

"Xiao Chen." When Lu Feng sat beside me, he would habitually put his arms around my shoulders. "You really want to get a girlfriend?"

"Of course..." Seeing his glare I quickly mumbled, "No..." I haven't reached the age of puberty then, so I had no fantasies about the opposite sex. The wish to be popular among the females was simply to gratify my vanity.

"Let's make a promise, as long as I don't have a girlfriend, you can't fall for any girl either."

It sounded like an unfair deal, and honestly it was a contract that had no legal effect. With Lu Feng attracting people left and right without even having to try and his lack of moral principles, I might not even have the chance to touch a girl's finger before a group of children surround him and call him "Dad".

I nodded indifferently. Lu Feng smiled, crumpling the letters before throwing them into the bin without a second glance.


Chapter 3

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't Xiao-chen 14 years old and Lu Feng 18?
    (I read the summary in wattpad, so I just want to confirm if it's like that since, Xiao-chen doesn't talk about his age, only that he skipped few classes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A home is a place where you go to rest and relax, kick your shoes off and take the stress away. Well, if your home is a pit it is very difficult to be able to get any rest or relaxation at all because you know darn well you need to clean it. Trust me when I say it is much easier to rest and relax in a house that is clean. Here's a rundown of some home cleaning solutions to help make the clean job easier and more efficient for you. Maid Service

    ReplyDelete