Friday 25 November 2016

A Round Trip to Love - Prologue


- This is for those who have left and those who have stayed in my life

A favourite poet of mine once said: "There's only one story, and only one story that's worth telling in detail." For me, that's exactly the case.


A prologue that's as long as a rabbit's tail:
The blind fortuneteller at the mouth of the alley said to me, "Your road of love is destined to be one that's rough. You shall be forever intertwined with a man, and there won't be a peaceful ending."

I shoved my half-finished soda in his hands, patted myself down and left.

"Hey, you haven't paid!" The blind fortuneteller was still madly shouting from a distance.

Are you kidding me? You couldn't even work out whether I'm a man or woman and you still dare ask for money? I'm doing my daily good deed by not wrecking your stand.
                   
That was what I wrote for my first journal in my first year of high school. The teacher's remarks were: "On a certain level, it appears to shed some light on the falsity behind superstitious beliefs. However, some phrases used are too vulgar."


Synopsis

No comments:

Post a Comment